Since many of the ladies who come to us have never had a dress made for them before, here’s a more detailed insight into the kind of experience you can expect from our bespoke service:
1. We’ll have a chat over the phone or email and you can tell Louise what you’re looking for. Then we can book you in for an appointment.
2. Louise will host you for a free one-hour consultation at our Reading-based studio to discuss your ideas and requirements. You’ll be able to browse the sample rail, try on some dresses and look at various different fabric and finishing options, with a hot cup of tea or coffee in hand.
3. If you like what you see, you’ll be able to select fabrics, colours and customisable options for your dress. After the initial consultation, Louise will send you a sketch of your design(s) and a quote based on this.
4. If you’re happy to go ahead, a 50% deposit will be required. Then your fabrics will be ordered and your measurements taken.
5. You’ll have an initial fitting appointment using a toile (mock-up) of your dress, which we will pin to fit to your body.
6. We will then cut your dress in your bridal fabric and begin construction of your dress.
7. To further perfect the fit, you’ll have a second fitting appointment partway through the making of your dress.
8. Your last visit will be to try on and collect your finished dress. At this stage the balance will become due.
We’re always happy to answer any questions you may have, before or during the process.